Sunday, June 30, 2013

Beautiful! Isn’t it? Is it?



We drove to a lakeside. Got there in the comfort of a car’s seat. My neck like every other person was hold on to a DSLR camera. We parked the car just a few feet away from the lake. I was out in the nature. Yet, I didn’t feel like taking a single picture. The sentiment, I searched but didn’t find.
I know lakes are supposed to be beautiful. And apparently, I found that even lakes are categorized into grades. We were in grade “A”. How magnificent could that be!!
But the lake was just there, sitting! Doing nothing to me, no feeling of awe or inspiration. A massive amount of water, it was.
So, then I thought what is beauty?
Why should beauty be categorized into grades? Beauty always was and is something that inspire and aspire my inner self, may the beauty be a mere puddle of mud.
Then I thought, “Could it be that I wasn’t with people that I shared similar interests.” I even thought, “Do I even know these people?”  Or was it because I reached the lake without making a slight effort.
Once when I was in New Mexico, I got out of my apartment with a heart pounded with worries and I saw a tiny drench of water on the road. It might be the cool weather or the completion of a massive assignment, but that was one of the most beautiful drenches I ever saw.
Not long ago, I was trekking in Nepal, the weather was foggy so couldn’t really see anything. But even the fog itself was breath taking. I felt every single droplets of the fog was inspiring me to be happier, telling me life is a wonder world. Along with me was one of my dearest persons. Could it be that it was beautiful because of that? What was it?


No comments:

Post a Comment