Thursday, July 25, 2013

The girl with earrings


I grew an inch taller,
And the World was a little weirder.

My face fancied the pimples,
And my heart nurtured an impulse.

I wouldn’t understand the world,
And I didn’t need to.

The ground couldn’t catch up with me,
The feet didn’t seem to.

The kingdom was blood shedding,
And I loved the girl with earrings.

Days and nights passed away thinking,
Will she ever be with me?
Or will I just end up wondering?

Another of the strikes in my town.
And I start to leave my home.

Barely above my teens,
I said, “Hey, Lets go see the overseas.”

The heaps of years took its birth,
I blinked and the years elapsed.

Where does the memories fade to?

I seem to keep walking with them


I keep meeting new people,
And the numbers gradually add up.

The people of my school
Where have all of you been?

And the girl that sat beside me
Are you still pretty?


The desk where I sat,
Does the sun still shine bright at three?

Could my youth be given back?
I haven’t had a farewell to my eighteen.

Time, should you must always run
My parents keep getting old.

A flower bloomed today

But will anyone notice when it withers away?

No comments:

Post a Comment